Monday, March 1, 2010

Prayer & Email

Do you check your email more than you pray? What about Facebook, Twitter, CNN, gossip sites?

Over the last few months, I have noticed a lot of my friends asking that I pray for them in one endeavor or another; and without missing a beat I say, "of course". Then I try to remember to incorporate the request into my evening prayer. However, some nights I fall asleep before I get to pray and then it is the next day and I am struggling to remember who I told what and why did I write this name on the back of my church bulletin!

I am at my computer so much of the day, what I really need is a prayer list right on my computer. That is where Xiphos Bible comes in. Many of you are familiear with my penchant for free and open source software. You know that I haul my little netbook with me everywhere I go and that I use a Bible application on it that allows me to quickly jump through 5 - 8 different versions of the Bible. I frequently use this in Sunday School so that we can look at different interpretations of the same verse. Well, turns out that Xiphos has built in prayer lists available (monthly, weekly, and daily can be set up). What's more, Xiphos works on Windows as well as Unix systems.

I am going to be trying this out for the next few weeks and I'll let you know how it goes. What I'd really like is a Facebook App that would pop up every so often - who knows, maybe I'll just have to write one.

No comments:

Post a Comment